Here are your awesome facial hair removal home remedies. Facial hair growth on the face and body in women is called hirsutism in medical terms. Those individuals with dark pigmentation or dark hair get hairier than with lighter pigmentation.
Naturally, men and women have hair all over the body other than nails and eyeballs. Facial hair in women is normally fine hair, unlike men.
For women, unwanted facial hair removal naturally is immensely important to maintain or to enhance their beauty. As they age estrogen level also changes with menopause and can have an imbalance in their growth of facial hair.
Also in women, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and other hormonal levels in the system, medications and adrenal gland disorders could increase unwanted hair.
Here we discuss a few of the unwanted facial hair removal naturally methods that are effective and used by many women around the world
Homemade Sugar Wax
This is one of the best and the easiest home remedies for unwanted facial hair removal at home naturally and most effectively.
Sugar and Honey Home Remedy to Get Rid of Unwanted Facial Hair Removal Naturally
Here are the steps for making this face pack:-
- Take two teaspoons full of granulated brown or white sugar and one teaspoon full each of honey and water
- Mix it all these well
- Heat this mixture for about a minute or less till you could see the bubbles and mixture turning into brown color
- Allow the mixture to cool down
- Once it cools down apply using the spatula on the face and on the areas where you want to remove the unwanted hair. If needed in the neck as well
- Place a cloth strip over the area where the mixture was applied and smooth it with fingers the direction of your hair growth
- Place a cloth strip over the area where the mixture was applied and smooth it with fingers the direction of your hair growth.
- Finally, when the mixture is dried enough, rip the cloth in the opposite direction of your hair growth
- Repeat this process twice a week or as much as needed
Sugaring For Unwanted Hair Removal
Sugaring is a natural and home way of treating facial and body hair. In this method, hair needs to be pulled in the same direction as hair growth. This is causes less skin irritation and pain compared to hair removal through waxing.
The technique is actually coming from Egypt women first and where civilization began in the world. This is one of the best facial hair removal home remedies you could try.
- Take ¼ a cup of water in a pan and 2 cups of granulated sugar
- Then add a ¼ cup of lemon juice to it
- Heat the mix till the bubbles appear
- Lower the heat from the stove and let the paste to simmer for about 30 minutes. By this time the paste should look dark amber in color
- Turn off the stove fully and let the paste to cool down
- Before applying the mixture, put some baby powder or cornstarch to dust the skin.
- Now apply the slightly warm mixture on your face. It should be applied in the opposite direction of the hair growth
- Cover it with a cotton strip or a clean rag and let it dry for 10 minutes
- Now to exfoliate the facial hair, pull the cotton strip quickly in the same direction of the hair growth
Chickpea Flour Uses In Hair Removal
To exfoliate the skin chickpea flour face pack is very handy. This chickpea pack removes the unwanted facial hair and as well as the dead skin from your face. Chickpea flour can be bought mostly from the Indian supermarkets.
This chickpea flour also is known as besan or gram flour.
Take the following ingredients to make chickpea pack:-
- 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon of milk cream
- 1 ½ teaspoon of milk
- ¾ teaspoon of turmeric
Mix all the above ingredients well and make a thick paste. Apply the paste on the face and let it dry for 30 minutes. Use a facial loofah to scrub off the paste from the face. You could also use the softly damped cloth with warm water to rub off the paste.
Repeat this four times a week for unwanted facial hair removal naturally.
Another method for using the chickpea flour is with following ingredients:-
- 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon of plain yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of rose water
Mix these ingredients well and make a thick paste. Apply the paste over the face and let it dry for about 30 minutes. Then scrub it off with a loofah to have the facial hair and dead skins removed from the face.
Green Gram Flour and Rose Water
Green gram flour has similar effects of the chickpea flour. In case if you are not able to get chickpea flour you could opt for green gram flour to exfoliate the facial unwanted hair.
Green gram flour also works well along with rose water as a natural skin cleanser on acne-affected skin and sensitive skin.
Take the following ingredients to make a face pack with green grams:-
- 2 tablespoon of green gram flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon of rose water
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice (optional)
Make a paste using these ingredients and apply on the face. Let it dry for 30 minutes. After that scrub the dried paste off the face using a loofah. Repeat this process at least four times a week.
Lemon Juice and Honey
Lemon juice generally used as a cleansing product in many areas. The same applies to when coming to facial hair removal as well. Lemon juice along with honey makes a good face mask to exfoliate the hair and also cleansing the skin. Honey does the job of softening the facial hair and hydrating the skin.
Lemon also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial characteristics and thereby helps any kind of skin breakout or skin irritation. Because of its bleaching ability, it can also lighten the facial skin.
Following are the steps to make and apply the facial mask:-
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon of honey
- Mix both the above thoroughly
Apply the mask on the face and let it be for about 20 minutes
After that remove the mask with loofah damp in the lukewarm water and feel the freshness and admire your beauty in the mirror.
Regulating excessive androgen hormone production in your body can be done with the intake of spearmint tea. Excessive androgen hormone in your system leads to excessing hair growth on your body.
Certain studies also have confirmed that spearmint tea helps women in controlling excessive hair growth.
Make the spearmint tea with the following steps:-
- First, boil a cup of water
- Add 1 teaspoonful of dried spearmint into it.
- If fresh spearmint leaves are available then add 5 of them
- Close the container for about 10 minutes
- Then strain the tea and enjoy drinking the tea
- Drink this tea twice a day.
Using turmeric in a combination of a few other ingredients can get rid of the unwanted facial hair naturally at home.
Here how you could make this facial pack:-
Pick equal quantities of turmeric and whole wheat flour. Pour little sesame oil into it to make a paste. Apply the paste on the face and let it be for about 30 minutes.
Then scrub the paste off the face. Repeat this once or twice a week.
Also, you could mix 2 teaspoons full of turmeric powder and a little milk and rosewater to make a thick paste. Apply on the face and let it dry for about 30 minutes. Then scrub off the paste. Repeat this once or twice a week.
There could be a yellow tint after the use of turmeric powder in the face mask. If that does not go well with your skin complexion, use cotton that is soaked in milk to rub off the face skin.
Egg, Sugar and Corn Flour
This is another fantastic peel-off mask for unwanted facial hair removal naturally. It also removes the impurities as well and makes the skin glow.
Beat egg white nicely along with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 ½ tablespoon of cornflour.
Then use the mixture to apply to the face. Leave for about 30 minutes to dry.
After that peel it off with a loofah.
Repeat this 4 times a week.
Lentil Face Pack
Lentils or Maisoor Dal works well on your face for the removal of unwanted facial hair at home naturally. This also a well recommended homemade face pack for women.
- Pick 1 ½ cup of lentils and grind it to powder
- From the ground lentil power take 2 tablespoons and mix with milk or honey to make a face mask
- Keep the mix for about 15 minutes for it to settle and become a thick paste
- Spread the mixture on the face and let it be for about 30 minutes
- After that scrub the mask off to have the facial hair removed
- Repeat at least 3 times a week. In the case of dry skin, it’s advisable to do it once a week
Sandalwood powder rose water and orange peel powder can also be added to this paste to make it a more vibrant paste or face mask.
These ingredients are truly good for the skin to lighten the skin and make the skin to look young.
- Use papaya to bleach and lighten the skin to unwanted facial hair removal naturally
- Mix 1 ½ teaspoon full of turmeric powder with papaya pulp and make a paste.
Apply the paste to the face by gently massaging the skin. After that let it dry for about 30 minutes
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this once or twice a week
- Instead of turmeric powder, you could use little milk with papaya pulp to make a paste to apply on the face
- Allow it to dry and rinse it off after 15 minutes with lukewarm water
This type of hair threading is one of the oldest methods that are in practice in modern society. It has its own advantages and disadvantages. Know more about hair threading here.
In case you have different skin conditions like unusual hair growth on your body or face and also you are the masculine type with more muscle mass or smaller breast size, etc, do not hesitate to get advice from the doctor for a good diagnosis. Then follow it up with appropriate treatment.