The outbreak of the COVID-19 Coronavirus is a major public concern worldwide today. It is supposed to have been transmitted from animal to person. The latest finding is it is spreading from person to human. This is too dangerous. Health experts say COVID-19 coronavirus may soon turn into a pandemic. There is an urgency to contain the widespread of the virus. It is becoming paramount important to learn coronavirus symptoms and preventive actions.
Lots of studies and research are on how to contain the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
Meanwhile, let us make an effort. Build our awareness of the COVID-19 coronavirus in the following lines:
- What is Coronavirus?
- Potential Coronavirus Cure
- How Coronavirus Spreads?
- What are the Coronavirus Symptoms?
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Prevention Methods
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Treatments
- Online training to fight COVID-19 coronavirus
- Impact of COVID-19 Coronavirus compared to other Coronaviruses
Table of Contents
People’s Voices on Covid-19
All over the world, people have started voicing COVID-19 awareness and its impact on countries’ economies.
We would like to share a special voice from Malaysia. Listen to Marisa on Peter Fitch’s (The Chairman, MMMA) article on “Between a Forest and a Piece of Furniture – Pandemic Control or Growth”. We are thankful to Marisa for choosing our platform to voice her message.
When is a Pandemic Over?
This is the biggest question today. How is everything going to evolve? When is a pandemic over and how? How do we know Covid-19 is over? See this clip which is self-explanatory:
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Advice for the Public by WHO
World Health Organization (WHO) has special and quick advice for the public for your, your dear ones, and others’ safety.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Stay informed and follow the advice given by your healthcare provider
What is Coronavirus?
This coronavirus is not just one but it is a large family. These viruses are generally inhabited by animals. Virus transmission happens between animals only.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is one such kind we are talking about today. This virus was first identified in the city of Wuhan, China in 2019. It was suspected it had spread from animals to humans. However, later experts began to realize spreading from human to human. This is a really worrying factor for everybody says, including experts.
How COVID-19 Coronavirus Spreads?
The main concern is how to contain coronavirus spreading from person to person. Animal to human can be easily contained say, experts. But it is hard to contain the spread of the virus from person to person. It is because there is no vaccine developed so far to contain the virus.
As of now three ways of the spread of coronavirus have been identified by experts:
1. Spreading COVID-19 Coronavirus from Person to Person
Person-to-person seems to be the main way of spreading this coronavirus. People in close contact with the infected person may have a higher risk of getting infected. Close contact means anyone within 6 feet of the infected person.
Infection happens when an infected person coughs or sneezes. The droplets from the lungs of the infected person get exposed to the nearby person. Chances are that droplets can directly hit the nearby person’s mouth or nose. Or possibly a nearby person might inhale it directly into his lungs.
Inhaling, nose, mouth, and eyes are the entry points for the virus to infect a person.
2. Spreading of COVID-19 from Infected Objects and Surfaces
People can also get infected by touching infected objects and surfaces with droplets. After touching the droplets people may touch their noses, mouth, or eyes. Exposing themselves to an entry point for infection.
But, this way of infection is far less. Far less compared to inhaling droplets from an infected person who sneezes or coughs.
3. Is it possible for a COVID-19-infected person to spread the virus who not showing any symptoms?
Yes, It is possible to spread the disease without showing any symptoms of coronavirus. However, this is also not the main way of spreading the virus compared to the first one.
4. Unknown ways of the spreading of coronavirus
According to health experts, there is still a lot to be learned about this new emerging disease. They say still more to learn about the coronavirus transmissibility and its severity.
What are the COVID-19 Coronavirus Symptoms
According to health institutions, infection symptoms may not show up immediately after infection. The symptoms may only show up in people in 2 to 14 days after the actual infection.
This is really bad news. Yet, let us prepare ourselves. Build awareness to contain this emerging disease with possible known methods.
The first thing is to know what are the COVID-19 coronavirus symptoms. It is very important for everyone to know about today’s conditions. So that we can help ourselves, our families, and our neighbors. Create awareness to identify the symptoms to contain the spread of the virus and save lives.
Coronavirus infection symptoms may start with mild illness to severe illness. Finally, it can lead to death. The COVID-19 coronavirus mild and severe symptoms are:
COVID -19 Coronavirus Mild symptoms
Shortness of breath
COVID-19 Coronavirus Severe Cases Symptoms
Severe acute respiratory syndrome
COVID-19 Coronavirus Prevention
So far, no vaccine is available to treat COVID-19 Coronavirus Disease.
We have to look at other methods to contain the spreading of this deadly virus. Everybody should take responsibility and get guided to take preventive actions.
Here are the set of preventive actions for each set of people
1. Coronavirus preventive actions by uninfected people
- Keep away from sick people
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Wash your hands often as possible. Wash your hands before eating. Use soap to wash your hands. You also can use sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol.
- Wearing a face mask is important for those who take care of infected people. It can be of health workers at health care facilities or the ones at home.
2. Coronavirus preventive actions by infected people
- Be at home when feeling sick
- Every time you sneeze or cough cover it with a tissue. Throw the tissue in a bin ensuring no one is going to touch it.
- Use a disinfectant to clean and wipe the objects and surfaces touched. Do it frequently as possible.
- Wash your hands frequently. Wash your hands before eating. Use soap to wash your hands. You also can sanitize a minimum of 60% alcohol.
- Wear a facemask. Face masks should only be worn by the infected people or who show symptoms (Not by others who are healthy and well)
3. Coronavirus preventive actions by travelers (Travel to China)
- Avoid nonessential travel to China. Also, to the other parts of countries where the infection has been reported.
- Keep away from sick people. It may be slightly difficult because you have no control over who is going to sit next to you on the flight.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Wash your hands often as possible each time for about 20 seconds. Wash your hands before eating. After going to the restrooms. After coughing, sneezing, or blowing the nose. Use soap to wash your hands. You also can use sanitizer which a minimum of 60% alcohol.
- Be alert during your travel and be watchful of your health after 14 days of travel.
- If you feel sick check your temperature. Seek medical advice by telling the doctor about your travel. Tell them the symptoms.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Treatment
No treatment is available at this moment. None, so far recommended by any health institutions to treat COVID-19 coronavirus.
If you suspect having symptoms immediately contact the health care professionals. Ensure yourself diagnosed with the COVID-19 coronavirus. Take preventive actions.
Online training to combat COVID-19 Coronavirus
Here is an online course on the COVID-19 coronavirus from the World Health Organization. You can get visual first-hand information on the COVID-19 coronavirus. Here it is:
The COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak started in China. Since then it is slowly spreading across the world.
This is a new coronavirus. Spreading from person to person. Unfortunately, no vaccine is so far developed until this date to combat or contain the virus.
The only methods available to contain the deadly virus are 1. Isolating the infected people from others 2. Taking preventive actions.
People are advised to make only essential travel, especially to China. Also, to other parts of the countries where the infection was reported
Awareness of prevention methods among all people is becoming a necessity day by day.
Noble Home Remedies relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations for accuracy and reliability while avoiding tertiary references. Our editorial policy provides more information about how we ensure our content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Coronavirus (who.int) – https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – CDC – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- SARS, MERS and novel coronavirus (COVID-19) – https://academic.oup.com/ije/article/49/3/717/5748175
- Between A Forest and A Piece of Furniture – https://www.spb.com.my/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/MMMA-article-to-PF-Asia-May_Jun-2020.pdf