Since ancient times, the Chinese have been using Chinen salt for medicinal purposes. The use of Chinen salt for type 2 diabetes is one of the many health benefits. This article is to discuss some of the great health benefits of Chinen salt. It includes especially how to use Chinen salt for diabetes. As diabetes medications can be substituted with Chinen salt. It is an effective alternative medication.
The Chinen salt is different from all the other salts. It is more popular among the Chinese than others.
Actually, Chinen salt is not the usual table salt. It is also not the same salt we use every day for cooking. Some people confuse this salt with pink Himalayan salt. Himalayan salt is derived from rocks in rivers. On the other hand, Chinen salt comes from the plant.
Table of Contents
What is Chinen Salt?
Chinen salt is an herbal supplement derived from a plant. Treatment of type 2 diabetes with this herb is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Our body can also benefit from the removal of toxins with the use of Chinen salt.
The chinese goldthread plant (Coptis chinensis) is the main source of chinen salt. The flowering plant Cottis Chinensis is native to China.
The Coptis Chinensis plant contains large quantities of berberine chloride salts. There are many medicinal qualities associated with this berberine salt. It is called Chinen salt because it is derived from the Coptis Chinensis plant. Chinen salt has iron, monosodium glutamate, sodium chloride, sodium nitrate, and other minerals. The minerals are also beneficial for your health.
- Chromium: It turns carbohydrates into glucose. In terms of diabetes and insulin regulation, this mineral is highly beneficial.
- Manganese: Assists in maintaining a healthy blood glucose level.
- Magnesium: We need this mineral for many biological processes. In addition, it aids in the digestion of sugar, fats, and starches. Moreover, it allows the body to stabilize its blood sugar levels.
Health Benefits of Chinen Salt
There are many health benefits associated with Chinen salt. Let’s examine what they are and how to use them.
Chinen Salt for Diabetes
Berberine chloride is the active compound in the Chinen salt. It helps to reduce the sugar levels in the blood. Animal and human trials have demonstrated positive effects on type 2 diabetes. By helping to have reduced blood sugar levels.
Berberine (BBR) improves glucose metabolism in type 2 diabetics. Data from a study published in 2011, suggest that BBR enhances fasting blood glucose. It limits gluconeogenic activity in the liver. The observation suggests that BBR improves glucose metabolism without utilizing insulin.
In 2015, another study revealed that berberine is an isoquinoline alkaloid extract. Studies on animals and humans have shown effective hypoglycemic agents in diabetes management.
A traditional Chinese medicine formula derived from Coptis Chinensis is 2000 years old. Diabetes type 2 is positively impacted by TCM by regulating glucose metabolism.
In spite of all the above, the exact mechanisms by which berberine works are not fully understood. On the bright side, it is beneficial to patients with type 2 diabetes. The TCM treatments offer the following benefits:
- Improving insulin resistance
- Promoting insulin secretion
- Inhibiting gluconeogenesis in the liver
- Less toxicity
- Stimulating glycolysis in peripheral tissue cells
- Modulating gut microbiota
- Regulating lipid metabolism
- Reducing intestinal absorption of glucose
- Good multiple therapeutic effects
- Berberine is a natural medicine
- Fewer and manageable side effects
How To Use Chinen Salt for Diabetes
According to a 2015 publication in PMC, the dosage of BBR in Chinese medicine is between 0.2 and 1.0 grams per day. Medications such as this can be taken orally as tablets or capsules to treat type 2 diabetes (T2DM). Taking 1 gram daily for 3 months proved to be safe and effective.
This same study mentions that many researchers support even consumption of 1.5 grams per day. The dosage is 500 mg three times a day before meals.
Other Health Benefits of Chinen Salt (Berberine Salt)
Apart from treating diabetes, people also can have an improved healthy lifestyle. including Chinen salt in their diet really helps. The following are some of the health benefits of Chinen salt.
- Prevents Canker sores
- Reduce High blood pressure or hypertension
- Reduce cholesterol levels in the body or Hyperlipidemia
- Weight loss for obesity
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases
- Help to fight depression
- Treating burns
- Reduce the growth of cancerous cells
- A potent anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties
- Treatment for polycystic ovary syndrome
- Antibacterial effects
- prevent muscle cramps
- Regulates vascular system
- Prevents ear infections
- Prevents sore throat
The recommended Berberine dosage from experts are:
- For diabetes: 0.9-1.5 grams of berberine has been taken in divided doses daily for 2-4 months.
- For high levels of cholesterol or other fats (lipids) in the blood (hyperlipidemia): 0.6-1.5 grams of berberine have been taken in divided doses daily for 6 to 24 months. A combination of 500 mg of berberine, 10 mg of policosanol, and 200 mg of red yeast rice, with other ingredients. Taken daily for up to 12 months.
- For high blood pressure: 0.9 grams of berberine has been taken daily for 2 months.
- For a hormonal disorder that causes enlarged ovaries with cysts (polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS): 1.5 grams of berberine has been taken daily for 3-6 months.
- For Weight Loss: Take up to 2,000mg per day (split throughout the day as necessary). For a minimum of 3 months.
- For canker sores: Gel containing 5 mg of berberine per gram has been applied four times per day for 5 days.
It is important to consider the following when using Chinen salt (or berberine) in any form:
Pregnancy: Taking Berberine by mouth while pregnant is likely to be unsafe. According to researchers, berberine can cross the placenta and cause harm to a fetus. Berberine exposure has led to kernicterus, a form of brain damage in newborn infants
Breastfeeding: You should not take berberine if you are breastfeeding. Breast milk contains berberine, which has the potential to harm the infant
Children: Berberine is unlikely to be safe for newborns. Those with severe jaundice can develop kernicterus, a rare type of brain damage. In jaundice, the skin turns yellow due to excessive levels of bilirubin. When old red blood cells break down, bilirubin is produced. The liver normally removes it. Berberine may prevent the liver from removing bilirubin quickly enough. The safety of berberine in older children is not established by reliable information.
Diabetes: Berberine can lower blood sugar levels. If you take insulin to control your blood sugar, berberine may cause your blood sugar to drop too low. People with diabetes should use this medication with caution.
Low blood pressure: Berberine is known to reduce blood pressure. Those who already have low blood pressure might be at risk of becoming too low due to berberine. Caution is advised.
Chinen salt is safe for most adults for short-term use.
Diarrhea, constipation, stomach upset, gas, and headaches are possible side effects.
The natural form of berberine, Chenin salt, is as effective as a drug.
Chinese traditional medicine has used Chenin salt for diabetes for over 2000 years. This shows its potential in treating type 2 diabetes. Sugar levels in the blood are lowered by this substance.
Additionally, this salt has been helpful for treating numerous other health conditions. Due to its health benefits, Chenin salt is gaining popularity in natural medicine.
Berberine supplements may be taken by people to improve their well-being. If you choose to take berberine supplements, be aware of the side effects. Also, how Berberine may interact with other medications.
The common dosage recommendation is 500 mg, 3 times per day, half an hour before meals. Some people may experience digestive side effects from berberine.
You should speak with your doctor before using Chinen salt or berberine. This is to ensure you do not have any health conditions that could make it worse.
It is true that you can get health benefits from Chinen salt if you take it at the right time in the right amount. The Chinen salt is especially useful for diabetics with type 2 diabetes. It is herbal, so side effects are minimal.
Noble Home Remedies relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations for accuracy and reliability while avoiding tertiary references. Our editorial policy provides more information about how we ensure our content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Berberine improves glucose metabolism in diabetic rats by inhibition of hepatic gluconeogenesis – Published in PubMed (PMID: 21304897)
- Berberine as a therapy for type 2 diabetes and its complications: From the mechanism of action to clinical studies – Published in PubMed (PMID: 25607236)
- Anti-diabetic effects of a Coptis Chinensis containing new traditional Chinese medicine formula in type 2 diabetic rats – Published in PubMed (PMID: 21213398)
- Application of berberine on treating type 2 diabetes mellitus – Published in PubMed (PMID: 25861268)
- Berberine in the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systemic Review and Meta-Analysis – Published in PMC (PMCID: PMC3478874)
- Application of Berberine on Treating Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus – Published in PMC (PMCID: PMC4377488)
- Berberine for Diabetes can be a great addition! By SugarMD
- How to take berberine by Undersun Biomedtech Corp
- Chinen Salt And Berberine – Is Chinen Salt the Same as Berberine? By The Medical Channel